Job Title: Tutor: Adult Learning
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday; 37.5 hours per week
Pay: £16,000-£21,000 pa
Holidays: 25 days annual leave; Jan – Dec
In2wrk is a privately owned company with over 12 years’ experience within the learndirect network. We work with many unemployed individuals, delivering high quality training to help our customers gain new skills, knowledge and qualifications to help them find meaningful, sustainable employment. We continue to look for better ways of helping our customers: we offer apprenticeship and traineeship opportunities in a variety of sectors. We operate in a transparent manner, keeping our staff fully informed and welcome ideas, questions and feedback on an ongoing basis.
Job Role: Supporting learners through, Functional skills (Maths, English and IT ) from EL3 to Level 2. We also deliver Employability skills.
PROFILE: You will have previous experience of tutoring Functional Skills in maths and English. This experience would preferably come from working within the learndirect network, but we will consider other candidates who can clearly demonstrate the appropriate skills and attributes. Some knowledge of the subjects we deliver and the e-learning environment again would be useful, but not mandatory. Relevant teaching or adult learning support qualifications PTLLS or above ideally with a specialism in Literacy or Numeracy would be beneficial, but training will be given and all tutors are actively encouraged to take the appropriate qualifications for the role. You need to be well organised, confident, have a great personality and the ability to communicate effectively with learners, staff and partner organisations. You will be an excellent team player, participating in local team meetings and regional training events. You may also be involved in our e-assessment contract.
• Support and motivate learners to achieve Functional Skills, IT & Employability Skills
• Enrol all learners onto learndirect training courses as required
• Provide interactive group led sessions through stand up tutoring
• To ensure all learner files are up to date with relevant documentation, ensuring all agreements and paperwork is in line with company and audit requirements
• Enter precise and concise tutor notes onto system and individual learner progress reviews
• Invigilating exams
• Advise and progress learners onto further learning or employment.
• Ensuring attendance at team meetings, regional meetings and training events to keep up to date with current delivery methods, courses, product knowledge etc.
• Enhance own knowledge of courses by undertaking training and previewing courses
• Achieve and monitor KPIs
• Covering tutor support at other centres within region
• Be responsible for maintaining PC’s and general well being of centre
• Mark Functional skills papers
• Promote relationships with external agencies such as the LCS, Surestart, Business Link, local authorities, job centres, local community groups and employment agencies etc.
Cover other centres when needed
For an informal discussion/more information about vacancy call Julia on 07870 575 179
Email CV and a short cover letter stating the reasons you are suitable for this post, to: firstname.lastname@example.org