Job Title: Tutor: Adult Learning
Location: Hunslet, LEEDS
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday; 37.5 hours per week
Pay: £16,000-£21,000 pa
Holidays: 25 days annual leave; Jan – Dec
Business Advice Direct Limited is a government funded learndirect training company with 8 centres, training adults in our learning centres in, English, Maths, ICT and Job skills with an overall objective of helping unemployed learners (back) into work, hence our new brand…in2wrk. We also offer traineeships and will be delivering apprenticeships in the near future.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
You will play a vital role in helping us achieve our contractual KPIs and any other centre/personal targets, whilst focusing on delivering a high quality learner journey, supporting and helping our learners achieve to very high standards.
You will have previous tutor experience. This experience would preferably come from working within the learndirect network, but we will consider other candidates who can clearly demonstrate the appropriate skills and attributes. Some knowledge of the subjects we deliver and the e-learning environment again would be useful, but not mandatory.
Relevant teaching or adult learning support qualifications PTLLS or above ideally with a specialism in Literacy or Numeracy would be beneficial, but training will be given and all tutors are actively encouraged to take the appropriate qualifications for the role. You need to be well organised, confident, have a great personality and the ability to communicate effectively with learners, staff and partner organisations. You will be an excellent team player, participating in local team meetings and regional training events. You may also be involved in our e-assessment contract.
• Support and motivate learners to achieve Math,Enlgish, IT & Employability Skills
• Enrol all learners onto learndirect training courses as required
• Provide interactive group led sessions through stand up tutoring
• To ensure all learner files are up to date with relevant documentation, ensuring all agreements and paperwork is in line with company and audit requirements
• Enter precise and concise tutor notes onto system and individual learner progress reviews
• Invigilating exams
• Advise and progress learners onto further learning or employment.
• Ensuring attendance at team meetings, regional meetings and training events to keep up to date with current delivery methods, courses, product knowledge etc.
• Enhance own knowledge of courses by undertaking training and previewing courses
• Achieve and monitor KPIs
• Covering tutor support at other centres within region
• Be responsible for maintaining PC’s and general well being of centre
• Represent Business Advice Direct Ltd in a professional manner at all times
• Promote relationships with external agencies such as the LCS, Surestart, Business Link, local
authorities, job centres, local community groups and employment agencies etc.
Cover other centres when needed
For an informal discussion/more information about vacancy call or text 07870 575 179
Email CV and a short cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reasons you feel you are suitable for this post.